We recently had the surreal news that Ireland will be spending Dutch-levels of funding on walking and cycling infrastructure, we are doing a mini-review of CyclingForAll.ie, the national campaign for cycling for all ages and abilities in Ireland.
With the huge amount of extra funding coming on stream, we’ll need politicians who understand what’s needed in terms of not just design of cycle paths but also things which are over looked (ie filtered permeability) and higher level thinking (ie traffic circulation plans) and the legal changes needed (which we’ve asked about separately).
Without changing the core elements or asks on CyclingForAll.ie, the main motivation is:
- Pushing Government to implement CyclingForAll.ie
- Getting more politicians on board and signed up to CyclingForAll.ie
The ideas so-far include:
- A focus on replacements for cllrs who were elected to the Dail or Seanad
- Convince people the importance of getting their politicians to sign up
- Fine tuning the website, including getting new design theme and editing to:
- Make images more mobile friendly
- Review all sections and look at what can be refined
- Reference / case studies without adding too much to the page
Any ideas welcome — the best place for them is in the comment sections below…