Live in Dublin city centre with no bicycle storage space? Dublin City Council are trialing a solution which you can sign up for.
You can read more about the idea of on-street bicycle lockers in our article from last year, or you can sign up here to let the council you’re interested in renting a space if they roll out the lockers after the trial of the first unit. They will also soon be expanding the trial and allowing more residents of the Dublin 8 area to use the free space in the current locker.
If you’re free at lunch time tomorrow, Saturday January 24, the Beta Project will be showing the public inside the lockers:
— DCC Beta Projects (@DCCbeta) January 23, 2015
If you have not lived in the city centre where there’s few secure places to lock your bicycle, the issue may not be too apparent. But city centre residents see the point:
— Mark Horgan (@Younghorgan) January 14, 2015
...This is not a paywall. You can keep scrolling, but IrishCycle.com needs readers like you to keep it that way. It only requires a small percentage of readers to give a bit each month or every year to keep IrishCycle.com's journalism open to all. Thank you.
- Dublin City to trial on-street bicycle lockers for residential areas
- Dublin to get high density bicycle parking as demand grows
- More bicycle lockers for for train stations in Dublin area
- Dutch bicycle parking: From on-street to multi-story
- Limerick City installs bicycle lockers which take €1 coins like shopping trolleys
- A city smaller than Dublin is planning 22,000 bicycles spaces at its train station